I started this blog right after making some significant life changes. I wanted a place I could employ therapeutic writing to help explore my new life. I also wanted a forum to investigate other interests such as alternative housing, minimalism, travel, and building community.
The above was my original intent. Then on September 9, 2015 I had an initial brief contact with a man through an online dating site. This contact led to an intense, intimate, long distance relationship, a 3-day visit only 5 days after our first phone call, and a quick plan for me to move to Yellowknife. The focus of the blog has changed correspondingly, though I do plan to get back to some of my original planned topics.
Here is a partial timeline of the past year:
- March 1, 2015 – separated from my husband
- April 1, 2015 – quit my corporate job
- June 15, 2015 – started renting an office space
- September 9, 2015 – first contact with my boyfriend, M
- September 12, 2015 – completed the first four courses towards being a Certified Financial Planner
- September 13, 2015 – first phone call with M
- September 18, 2015 – went to Yellowknife to spend three days with M
- September 29, 2015 – made official decision to move to Yellowknife
- October 3, 2015 – bought 1-way plane ticket for October 29
P.S. On an unrelated note, this is me reading a really weird thing I wrote as a teenager in front of a lot of drunk people for Grown-Ups Read Things They Wrote as Kids (a hilarious radio show/podcast/live show). If you get a chance to go to this you must take it.